Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opting out of a thread  (Read 1613 times)

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Opting out of a thread
« on: December 19, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »

I posed my last question incorrectly.

Q: Once a new thread has been brought to our attention, if it is of no interest, is there anyway of electing out so that the thread no longer appears in "Show unread posts since your last visit" each time a new post is made.  Similar so for any thread you have posted in but are now no longer interested in.

Such a facility would assure personal relevancy when on the site.

PS I have tried the SMF help file with no success.  As I write the site is down.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Opting out of a thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 11:28:57 AM »

Martin,  I don't think such a facility exists, unread literally means that.   The only thing you can opt out of is email notification.   You can go to one of the main headings and click on 'mark unread' for that section, but that may be too much of a blunt instrument for your purposes.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Martin J

• Poole, Dorset
Re: Opting out of a thread
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 03:38:21 PM »

Thanks Theo

When I can get on the SMF web site I will pose the question.  My personal view is that we should all see posts just as we are but there should be a button to disengage from the thread.  eg I posted early in Roland FR18 thread but I don't have one anymore and there fore the techy stuff is of no interest but it just keeps coming up.  I believe in this case I can delete my posts and it will stop in my personal unread's but not in the new posts since I last visited.

If I get a view from SMF I'll give an update.
Castagnari, Weltmeister, Giustozzi, Streb, too many Hohners.  No Strings Attached ceilidh band
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal