Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Automatic button-number notation for chromatic button accordion with ABCEdit  (Read 5976 times)

nemethmik

I've just made an instrument (tablature) file for ABCEdit (see the text file attachement) for C-system chromatic button accordion. Simply copy the file into the SFiles folder and it is readily usable. This might be useful for learners and instructors of chromatic button accordion. A B-system file can be very easily made from my C-system file.
In the diagram 8 is for pressing the 8th button on the outside row, 9' is to press the 9th button in the middle row and 7'' is to press the 7th button in the inner row. On my system the lowest notes are low A (1), G (1'), G# (1'').
I use the 4th and 5th rows only for transposing. The numbers above the notes are fingering hints for 4-finger style.
I have included a chart of the buttons and finger numbers for the G, D and A major scales either.
Have fun!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:23:32 AM by Miklos Nemeth »

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!

Thanks again for adding the charts of the A D & G scales
... all I need now is three extra hours in a day and I might get a tune of me CBA ;D
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

nemethmik

I might get a tune of me CBA ;D
Have you decided to play 4-finger (melodeon) or 5-finger (piano) style? If and when you have decided what tune do you want to learn, send me the sheet music and I can work out an economical 4-finger style fingering, if you wish.

xgx

• Bagpipes & Musette Boxes... and Banjos, luv 'em!

Thanks Miki  ... I'll be in touch ;)
Graham

N Cambs/S Lincs - UK   :|glug + :|glug:|||: = :|bl

mudchutney

• Mudchutney

I've created a slightly different format of fingering (5 fingers) for scales on the C system, and you can download a PDF of it here:
http://craptiger.wordpress.com/

I've asked this on another thread too, but if anyone is up for sharing some 5 finger scores for popular folk tunes I'd love to collaborate with them.
Player of a Saltarelle Bourroche 5 row CBA
Purveyor of folky themed clothing at www.mudchutney.co.uk

mudchutney

• Mudchutney

I've uploaded some videos to youtube if anyone is interested.  A few tunes and my version of the scale of C (over 4 rows and using my thumb)

http://www.youtube.com/user/craptiger/videos

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert

I don't venture into this part of the forum very often but I enjoyed your videos craptiger  ;D
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

mudchutney

• Mudchutney

If anyone is interested in some Free Bass scales I've written out a possible version (given to me by a teacher but amended ever so slightly).

You can find them here:
http://craptiger.wordpress.com/

There are 3 positions written out, starting on different rows.  I'd really welcome any feedback if anybody else is starting to experiment with free bass.

I think this post still falls under button-number notation for CBAs doesn't it?!  Not with ABC perhaps, but I think my way is really good for scales, even if useless for tunes!

waltzman

I've uploaded some videos to youtube if anyone is interested.  A few tunes and my version of the scale of C (over 4 rows and using my thumb)

http://www.youtube.com/user/craptiger/videos

Very nice clean playing on those videos.  Makes me want to get the CBA out again.  How long have you been at it to get that proficient?

Michael

mudchutney

• Mudchutney

been playing the CBA for about 18 months now, but PA for a long time before that - used to play PA in a ceilidh band in Edinburgh for a few years.  I'm really keen to see some other CBA players play though as I'm completely self taught and don't really have any idea if what I'm doing is right or not.  It seems to work but I still get my fingers tangled up sometimes and as that's not something that used to happen much on the PA it's rather frustrating.

waltzman

I think your light touch probably transferred over from your PA technique.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal