Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Posting appreciations  (Read 803 times)

Jack Humphreys

• tunesbyjackhumphreys
Posting appreciations
« on: February 11, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »

One of the things I love about melnet, is the opportunity to recieve and give encouragement, appreciations, feedback and even suggestions.  I find that this has greatly increased my energy for playing and my own self confidence. (As at my session I have often felt  relatively incompetent, and sometimes discouraged --  they are the brilliant Cyser crew). 
I notice that I have often held back from posting felt appreciations on Melnet, for  TOTM and ThOTM, as I don't want to be posting several times every day.  So I've decided that I will be generous in posting feedback, but directly onto the hosting site such as youtube.  i'll only post appreciations onto melnet exceptionally.   
So if you rarely see an appreciation from me on melnet, it's not that I'm being mean..... I'm posting it elsewhere.  And of course the messages stay on Youtube indefinitely and add to your Youtube stats  (if you care about such a thing... of course I never look there  ::)

Anahata

• This mind intentionally left blank
  • Oakwood D/G, C/F Club, 1-rows in C,D,G
    • Treewind Music
Re: Posting appreciations
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »

I've often wondered about the relative merits...
Sometimes posting a comment here will encourage more melnetters to view the YouTube video, so it cuts both ways. Also here is a better place if you want to start a discussion about it.
I'm a melodeon player. What's your excuse?
Music recording and web hosting: www.treewind.co.uk
Mary Humphreys and Anahata: www.maryanahata.co.uk
Ceilidh band: www.barleycoteband.co.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal