Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Johnny Connollys Annabla Polkas 2 &1  (Read 826 times)

DoninOhio

Johnny Connollys Annabla Polkas 2 &1
« on: February 13, 2012, 09:48:10 PM »

Every time I listen to Johnny Connolly's version of Annabla Polkas 2 & 1 on his Driobhall na Fainleoige recording, I want to pull out my Hohner with one hand (and a Guinness with the other) and start playing some Irish polkas. JC plays those tunes with such drive! Best example of polkas on a melodeon. I believe the tunes are the Touremore polkas by Johnny O' Leary. One could be what is also called Babe In The Woods. Not Quebecois tunes that I am concentrating on but hey, nothing wrong with playing all genres of tunes.  :|||: :|||:

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
Re: Johnny Connollys Annabla Polkas 2 &1
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:18:49 AM »

Every time I listen to Johnny Connolly's version of Annabla Polkas 2 & 1 on his Driobhall na Fainleoige recording, I want to pull out my Hohner with one hand (and a Guinness with the other) and start playing some Irish polkas. JC plays those tunes with such drive! Best example of polkas on a melodeon. I believe the tunes are the Touremore polkas by Johnny O' Leary. One could be what is also called Babe In The Woods. Not Quebecois tunes that I am concentrating on but hey, nothing wrong with playing all genres of tunes.  :|||: :|||:

I totally agree He "rocks" those tunes!!
The first one toormore 2 is also called maid of ardagh at local sessions and lets have a ceilidh in canada J.C. plays it with a low A in b part or maybe he using octaves which gives it a nicer sound imo he has the right initials to be a
god at least on the melodeon. According to fiddlers companion web pages under lets have a ceilidh the tune is attributed to British musician D.K. Finlay. The toormore 1 is also called the gullane#3 among others. I think babe in the woods is a different tune? I love the ending of Johnny Seoighe  feels like I just went to melodeon heaven . :||:
Michael
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal