Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great experience at the Music Room  (Read 1415 times)

Myndmusic

Great experience at the Music Room
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:33:17 PM »

I am aware that there were some negative comments here about the Music Room recently so I wanted to offer some positive feedback from my first visit there last week. I have bought a number of times from their online shop but have never managed to get to the Cleckheaton shop before. There’s a great range of traditional instruments in the shop and I spent a couple of hours going right through the melodeon shelves and was made very welcome. It's easy to find and there's free parking right outside. I didn’t actually buy on this occasion as I really needed to get a feel for the characteristics of different boxes and narrow down the choices, and John was brilliant at explaining the ins and outs of all his stock.

When buying my first box it was easy, I just went for the Music Room’s Pokerwork starter pack online and have been very happy with it, although the disappearing buttons trick on these Hohners is beginning to annoy me. (Yes I know there are helpful fixes on this site but I don’t feel confident that everything would go back in the box if I start undoing screws!) I am now at the stage of considering an upgrade, or a second box more likely, and the chance to try a number of different ones at the Music Room was invaluable and I am hoping to return there fairly soon to do a deal.

It’s still a bit daunting identifying the ‘right’ box however and the importance of taking care over your choice was reinforced by another customer in the shop who wanted to trade back a very recently-bought and expensive three-row box which was undeniably beautiful but had simply proved too heavy for use with a morris side. Ouch. I imagine the loss on trading it in after such a short time may have been as painful as the back ache from a three-row!
Steve R
Castagnari Dinn III B/C

Just4Fun

Re: Great experience at the Music Room
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »

I sent them an email a couple of days ago and have yet to hear anything back. Business must be good.

george garside

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 10:23:48 PM »

I am very happy with the service provided in supplying  a new lilly modified to 4th button 'do'. Am also very pleased with the box itself!

george
author of DG tutor book "DG Melodeon a Crash Course for Beginners".

Gary

• Respected Sage
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 03:59:04 PM »

Myndd music., I paid Theo to fix my disappearing buttons on the pokerwork and it makes a big difference . He could do the same for you and I then think you really can progress on the pokerwork without the need for another 2 row. You may be in the money in which case I suppose you could collect many boxes, otherwise stick with the pokerwork,it is a great instrument when played in.

Myndmusic

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 05:07:56 PM »

Gary, thanks for that. Yes it might make sense to have it sorted by a pro, but I don't think I could bear to be without it for any length of time at the moment!
Steve R
Castagnari Dinn III B/C

TedK

• Regular debater
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 07:38:33 PM »

I sent them an email a couple of days ago and have yet to hear anything back. Business must be good.

I've had good experiences of the Music Room face-to-face. I bought my Sandpiper from them, and although there were a couple of small problems with it they sorted them out quickly and at no charge (as it was under warranty). Later I had it changed to a 4th button start through them for what I think was a very reasonable cost.

However, I have emailed them a couple of times with enquiries in the past year and never yet received a reply, so I think this is one side of the business that could be looked at...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal