Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginners Showcase!  (Read 51461 times)

Jesse Smith

• Regular debater
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
Re: Beginners Showcase!
« Reply #380 on: January 30, 2018, 02:27:42 PM »

Thanks, I will have to work on the bellows rotation. It's certainly not something I'm consciously doing so I think I just need to put some focused attention on it. I remember "Daddy Long Les" mentioning you noted the same thing in his early playing, Lester, so I guess this is a fairly common beginner issue.

I started off with the box on my left leg but found it awkward and not ergonomic with my body twisted to the left and arm away from the body. After watching videos of John Spiers and Anahata, among others, who wedge the box into their right thigh, I decided to give that a try and found it more comfortable. But i know what you mean about the bellows having a clearer path on the left. Maybe I'll try it again now that I'm a bit more experienced.

I just realized the video image cuts out for the last ten sexonds. No idea why my editing software did that!
Hohner Pokerwork D/G, standing at the bottom of the mountain looking up!

Jesse Smith

• Regular debater
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
« Reply #381 on: January 31, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »

I uploaded a fixed version without the video cutting out (at least I hope it's fixed; I'm still getting the hang of this recording business) at https://youtu.be/T-QWg86tBuU

What software are folks using to record their TotM videos? I'm currently using OpenShot Video Editor to trim the start and end and add titles but I'm not completely happy with it.

Sebastian

• Youtube-snippets
« Reply #382 on: January 31, 2018, 10:07:03 PM »

What software are folks using to record their TotM videos?
Window$ Live Movie Maker. Came with my computer. Does the job.
Without the input from Melnet I wouldn't play the melodeon today. :)

Jesse Smith

• Regular debater
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
« Reply #383 on: January 31, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »

Window$ Live Movie Maker. Came with my computer. Does the job.

I've seen a lot of people using that, but I don't think it is available for Windows 10.

Sebastian

• Youtube-snippets
« Reply #384 on: February 01, 2018, 12:25:38 AM »

I've seen a lot of people using that, but I don't think it is available for Windows 10.
The software is now part of the "Windows Essentials" pack, which you can download (free of cost) and install (even only selected parts like the Movie Maker) under Windows 10. (But maybe some W10 user here may know about a better alternative.)

Jesse Smith

• Regular debater
  • Buffalo, NY, USA
« Reply #385 on: February 01, 2018, 12:41:25 AM »

The software is now part of the "Windows Essentials" pack, which you can download (free of cost) and install (even only selected parts like the Movie Maker) under Windows 10. (But maybe some W10 user here may know about a better alternative.)
I looked for it but: "As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download."

Fred

• Good talker
« Reply #386 on: February 01, 2018, 12:56:29 AM »

Absolutely correct, Windows Essentials has been discontinued for reasons unknown to me.

If you are looking for a free and very potent video editing tool, I would recommend to have a look at https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/ . It will most definitely demand a bit of learning the software but it can fulfil just about everything you would want to do when producing a documentation about your melodeon learning process.  ;D :||:

Edit: Oh and I forgot to note that the basic software is free after you register on their website.

Sebastian

• Youtube-snippets
« Reply #387 on: February 01, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »

I looked for it but: "As of January 10, 2017, Windows Essentials 2012 is no longer supported on Windows 10, and is unavailable for download."
Oh, sorry! Clearly, I wasn't up to date.  :|bl

Tone Dumb Greg

• DG Pokerwork DG Saltarelle Piroulet
    • Dartmoor Border Morris
« Reply #388 on: February 01, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »

There are some recommendations here. I use Video pad and I used to use VSDC. I get on best with Video pad, if you use the free version, you have to reinstall it every so often. here used to be a work around, but it seems to have gone.
Greg Smith
Is not the space between Heaven and Earth like a bellows?
It is empty, but lacks nothing.
The more it moves, the more comes out of it.
Lao Tzu
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.