Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double discovery - Edwin Beasant and the Beltuna Sara  (Read 1475 times)

Sandy Flett

• Accordion and Melodeon Blog
Double discovery - Edwin Beasant and the Beltuna Sara
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:24:45 PM »

Three-piece band Pilgrim's Way were on at my local folk club in Guildford last night. They have terrific rhythm and energy, and did an excellent set, well balanced between songs and instrumentals. The big "discovery" for me, of course, was the melodeon playing of Edwin Beasant - he has the most wonderful rhythms and bass end stuff, quite jazzy at times. And the second discovery was the Beltuna Sara he was playing (amongst many other things) - more or less the same size body as a Castagnari Tommy, but with a much richer bass sound; very impressive.
DG Dino Baffetti Carnival II (plus accordions)
Accordion and Melodeon blog

Owen Woods

• melodeonmusic.com
    • The website and blog of Owen Woods
Re: Double discovery - Edwin Beasant and the Beltuna Sara
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »

I covet that Beltuna. Edwin has done unspeakable things to it (unspeakable because I'm not sure quite what), and it plays like a dream. I had a go on it when I supported Pilgrim's Way back in October, superb box, superb player!
Bergflodt D/G 4 voice, Saltarelle Bouebe D/G, Super Preciosa D/Em, Hohner Impiliput B/C+C#

Latest blog post: In Any Weather

http://melodeonmusic.com/blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal