Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: trying to learn c/f club , any tips.  (Read 11710 times)

Willh

• Regular debater
  • Hohner Club IIIM C/F, Hohner Club Morino N
Re: trying to learn c/f club , any tips.
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2017, 04:56:10 AM »

Thanks, Mark. Not a problem. I'll do a search as you suggest and see what I can find.

I've also downloaded a couple of the German tutors (PDFs) from here at Melnet. Perhaps they're the same thing?

And thanks, too, for the info about the German groups. I'll definitely look into them.

All the best,

Will
Will

Willh

• Regular debater
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2017, 05:28:20 AM »

If you have any club-specific tunes or learning materials, please do let me know.
Du hast Post.

The tunes are not really club-specific, but it works the other way round: You can adapt most tunes to be played club (and sometimes the necessary adaptions are less drastic than for the two-row).

Gekriegt und bedankt!

One problem, however: When I tried to reply to your message, it says messages from me have been blocked. Do I need to be added to a contacts/friends list to reply?

Will
Will

Matthew B

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 08:51:04 PM »

I just came across these folks who seem to have got the hang of "proper" club playing.  There's some solo and small group music, as well as some full-on orchestral stuff. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2VsR6HFSE0
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

Willh

• Regular debater
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2017, 09:38:29 AM »

I just came across these folks who seem to have got the hang of "proper" club playing.  There's some solo and small group music, as well as some full-on orchestral stuff. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2VsR6HFSE0

Thanks, Matt. That's pretty impressive. :)

One thing I noticed immediately is that they seem to by using the thumb air button quite a bit to keep the bellows within a tighter range of movement (or am I just imagining this?).

I need to try this as I have a couple of tunes I'm working on where I find I'm either too far out or run our of puff because I've come too far in.

Will
Will

Sebastian

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2017, 03:25:52 PM »

I have a couple of tunes I'm working on where I find I'm either too far out or run our of puff because I've come too far in.
That's a problem almost everyone has in the beginning. I think you will find a lot of answers/opinions on this topic here in older threads.  (:)

(Maybe it's also worth to bear in mind that the two in the video play rather large boxes that are not quite as agile as your Club IIIM.)

Willh

• Regular debater
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2017, 03:32:30 PM »

I have a couple of tunes I'm working on where I find I'm either too far out or run our of puff because I've come too far in.
That's a problem almost everyone has in the beginning. I think you will find a lot of answers/opinions on this topic here in older threads.  (:)

(Maybe it's also worth to bear in mind that the two in the video play rather large boxes that are not quite as agile as your Club IIIM.)

Thanks, Sebastian. I'll have a poke around and see what I can find.

In particular, I'm finding working up a rendition of "Yellow Rose of Texas" to be a bit trying because of how far out the bellows ends up going.

Will need to look at this in more detail over the weekend.

Will
Will
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal