Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bouree-ing with Blowzabella  (Read 809 times)

Lyn

• Respected Sage
Bouree-ing with Blowzabella
« on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:54 AM »

Went to watch Blowzabella last Wednesday, at Norwich Arts Centre. This is an all-standing venue. The first set we stood at the back leaning on the rail, watching the dancers down on the floor. Second set my friend said come on, you're dying to dance, aren't you? Let's go down there.  After a bit of careful watching, and counting...'step-step-to-the-side, step-step-to-the-other-side, round and round we go, repeat' Gosh, there we were, Schottishing away with the rest of them!
Then we tried the 2-time bouree - well this was one twirl too far for my friend and she dropped out, but I was rescued from wall-flowerdom by a nice chap who saw me through til the end of the number. Then Nick, my young melodeon tutor appeared and we 2-time boureed segue-ing into 3-time bouree-ing, at which point I was ready to drop but he showed no mercy and forced mw to carry on to the end. (They do go on, these French dances, don't they!) Great fun, but the floor wasn't good, and my shoes had non-dancing soles on. Hence I am suffering with aching hips, and more than feeling my mature years!

Had never seen Blowzabella before, although I have some of their music, and of course have seen Andy Cutting both in the line up with Kate Rusby some years ago, and at the Big Accordeon Weekend last year. Brilliant, you just have to dance to their music, and as my friend said, they seem just like a bunch of incredibly talented but normal folks! No prima donnas here.

I'd definitely go and see the band again. Next time I'll make sure I've got my dancing pumps on, and I'll be getting into training in the weeks running up to it!
saltarelle nuage DG

Castagnari Mory DG
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal