Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Go Up" button function changed?  (Read 1810 times)

Mcgrooger

• Northern Roots
"Go Up" button function changed?
« on: May 04, 2012, 08:03:46 PM »

Sorry if this has already been asked or if the change is deliberate, but the 'go up' button at the bottom of a thread page used to take us to the very top of the page but now only goes up to the top reply/message which I preferred. Again, apologies if this is intentional or just a quirk of my PC.

Mcgrooger

• Northern Roots
Re: "Go Up" button function changed?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »

Sorry if this has already been asked or if the change is deliberate, but the 'go up' button at the bottom of a thread page used to take us to the very top of the page but now only goes up to the top reply/message which I preferred. Again, apologies if this is intentional or just a quirk of my PC.

Bump...Is it just me??

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:41 PM »

Never used it myself but it now does what you say. ie to the top of the thread not the top of the page.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:07 PM »

Not sure whatever you mean by the difference between top of page and top reply/message.

For me the 'go up' button still goes to the first message on the page you are viewing,  which is what it has always done. I'm using either Firefox in OS X, or Safari on an iPad with the same behaviour.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Mcgrooger

• Northern Roots
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »

Hi Theo. It does go to the top post on the page whereas on my computer using Firefox it used, until quite recently, to go right to the top of the page showing the tabs for Home/Forum Home etc.

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »

I understand now.  Actually I don't recall whether I saw that difference before.
Is it a problem the way it is now?  If so I suggest you PM Clive Williams.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Mcgrooger

• Northern Roots
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

I've just realised that my first post on this thread was ambiguous and should have said I'd prefer it if the go up button in the forums took you right up to the top of the page you're on rather than the first post and that that's the way it used to work on my computer. Seeing as it's only me who's mentioned it, I'm thinking it might only be me who preferred it the way it was before!

Tyker

• Respected Sage
  • Cheviot C#DG,Hohners D and G/C
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »

I've just realised that my first post on this thread was ambiguous and should have said I'd prefer it if the go up button in the forums took you right up to the top of the page you're on rather than the first post and that that's the way it used to work on my computer. Seeing as it's only me who's mentioned it, I'm thinking it might only be me who preferred it the way it was before!

Before the change , I used the 'Go up' to allow me to choose the 'crumb trail' to jump to other headings in the forum .
After the change , the 'crumb trail' has been added to the bottom , so navigation is actually quicker . Or it would be , if I didn't automatically 'go up' as it's embeeded in my muscle memory . ust a case of re-educating myself .

The crumb trail , don't know the actual term , looks like :-

Melodeon.net Forums > Forum and website admin > Support ...
Graeme - North Hampshire,UK

There is no noun that can't be verbed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.