Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginners Showcase!  (Read 174792 times)

Chris Jarvis

Re: Beginners Showcase!
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2022, 08:34:37 PM »

Hello, newby to the forum here and my offering of ToTM ,which will also be on ToTm ,I'm just using this to practise posting  ::)

My box is a Castagnari single row in C . I bought this from Theo Gibb's Box Place a few years ago and have dibbled and dabbled with it ever since.

I am a musical vagabond and will play anything that grabs me in the moment so I tend to go off piste at play arounds and annoy some people. Imay do that,but I don't mean to. Just give me a virtual elbow and a swift oi if I get out of line  :o. Looking forward to actually learning something proper about this box. But I do rather love it. 

https://youtu.be/i79uhdT5c2U

Clive Williams

• Administrator
    • Home Page
« Reply #561 on: February 23, 2022, 12:06:22 PM »

Hello, newby to the forum here and my offering of ToTM ,which will also be on ToTm ,I'm just using this to practise posting  ::)

My box is a Castagnari single row in C . I bought this from Theo Gibb's Box Place a few years ago and have dibbled and dabbled with it ever since.

I am a musical vagabond and will play anything that grabs me in the moment so I tend to go off piste at play arounds and annoy some people. Imay do that,but I don't mean to. Just give me a virtual elbow and a swift oi if I get out of line  :o. Looking forward to actually learning something proper about this box. But I do rather love it. 

https://youtu.be/i79uhdT5c2U

Hi Chris - just found your posting over here too! Nice to meet you, and of course, nice to meet your melodeon too. The Castagnari one-row is a truly lovely thing, and you really can't go wrong getting it from Theo; it'll be top class and serve you well for years! Looking forward to hearing more of your playing...

Chris Jarvis

« Reply #562 on: February 23, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »

Cheers

Frankal

• Good talker
« Reply #563 on: June 30, 2022, 10:12:22 AM »

I've been really enjoying learning for about 6 months > this is my first crack at contributing and I'm not game to put it in Theme of the Month thread (June 2022: Alphabet Soup - M). 

Mudgee Waltz

I think this is about the fourth song I have both hands sorted on... Lots! of room for improvement incl. timing,  but was keen to get something up and it's the end of the month (:).
Also, guessing this video is take #43  /s - I seem to be able to play it a lot more smoothly and comfortably (and sometimes more tunefully?)  when there's no camera   ???. oh well, many letters left!

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #564 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:20 AM »

I've been really enjoying learning for about 6 months > this is my first crack at contributing and I'm not game to put it in Theme of the Month thread (June 2022: Alphabet Soup - M). 

Mudgee Waltz

I think this is about the fourth song I have both hands sorted on... Lots! of room for improvement incl. timing,  but was keen to get something up and it's the end of the month (:) .
Also, guessing this video is take #43  /s - I seem to be able to play it a lot more smoothly and comfortably (and sometimes more tunefully?)  when there's no camera   ??? . oh well, many letters left!
Well played and one of my fave tunes.
ps nice box as well

arty

« Reply #565 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:46 AM »

That’s great....you should be really pleased with that!
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

CAB

• Mass Debater
    • Somerset Russets Village Band
« Reply #566 on: June 30, 2022, 11:20:16 AM »

Nicely done - I had a quick waltz to that.

Also, guessing this video is take #43  /s - I seem to be able to play it a lot more smoothly and comfortably (and sometimes more tunefully?)  when there's no camera   ???. oh well, many letters left!

Join the club!  A very widespread experience.
Pas de lieu Rhône que nous

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #567 on: June 30, 2022, 11:28:23 AM »

Also, guessing this video is take #43  /s - I seem to be able to play it a lot more smoothly and comfortably (and sometimes more tunefully?)  when there's no camera   ??? . oh well, many letters left!
As a veteran of ~600 videos unfortunately it doesn't get much easier, I still take ~5/10 takes until my desired quality declines to meet my current capability (:)

Frankal

• Good talker
« Reply #568 on: June 30, 2022, 09:46:33 PM »

Well played and one of my fave tunes.
ps nice box as well
Thanks! One of your recordings was where I first heard it and inspired me to give it a go.  (:). (I think Australian tunes ThOTM?)

That’s great....you should be really pleased with that!
Thanks very much arty.

As a veteran of ~600 videos unfortunately it doesn't get much easier, I still take ~5/10 takes until my desired quality declines to meet my current capability (:)
(:) I hugely appreciate your videos and ABC, thanks Lester.

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
« Reply #569 on: June 30, 2022, 11:41:53 PM »

Mudgee Waltz

I have to say I’m impressed by your bellows control, that’s a great foundation for your playing technique right there. I don’t think you’ll be in the beginners section much longer!
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)

PeterBRC

• Good talker
« Reply #570 on: July 01, 2022, 09:20:16 AM »

Really enjoyed that, as a beginner I might have a go !
Mudgee Waltz sounds a catchy tune to pick up by ear , with straight forward chords
Hohner Erica Swiss DG -  Castagnari  DG-Hohner 1040 C
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal