Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you Lester!  (Read 2990 times)

Daddy Long Les

• Forum Librarian
    • Daddy Long Les
Thank you Lester!
« on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:53 AM »

Just had look at Lester's databases of all the TOTM/ThOTM performances on this page. What an amazing resource this is!  Must have taken you a very long time Lester.  Thank you!!!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 07:41:31 AM by Daddy Long Les »
Castagnari Lily DG, Dino Baffetti Binci DG, Hohner Erica DG, Hohner Erica GC, Hohner Liliput Bb Eb, Sybilla Brand GCF, Hohner Compadre ADG, Hohner 4 stop in C

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
Re: Thank you Lester!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »

Just had look at Lester's databases of all the TOTM/ThOTM performances on this page. What an amazing resource this is!  Must have taken you a very long time Lester.  Thank you!!!!

Thanks Les

I need to invest some time to get it up to date. I blame The Sainted Mrs Bailey's addiction to editing RAW image files all night, every night. Mind you seems worthwhile.

http://365project.org/dulciknit/365/2012-04

derekw

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 08:07:13 AM »

"Just had look at Lester's databases of all the TOTM/ThOTM performances on this page"

Where are they please ? Can't see link
If I'd known I'd live this long I'd taken more care of myself.

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »

Due to my inability/disinclination to keep them up to date and the fact that they needed a major revision to remove all the dead links (mostly onmvoice) I have removed the links. Sorry.

derekw

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 08:34:15 AM »

Fully understand your reason for withdrawing links, and  appreciate that the admin would only continue to grow. Is it worth considering leaving them up with no further updates?
If I'd known I'd live this long I'd taken more care of myself.

smiley

• Folk music: it's not as bad as it sounds
    • a few sound clips
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:19 AM »

Due to my inability/disinclination to keep them up to date and the fact that they needed a major revision to remove all the dead links (mostly onmvoice) I have removed the links. Sorry.
Lester's index to TOTM is a very handy enhancement to mel.net. If there's anything I can do to help share the workload, please let me know.

malcolmbebb

• In dampest Dorset, on the soggy south coast.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »

I blame The Sainted Mrs Bailey's addiction to editing RAW image files all night, every night. Mind you seems worthwhile.

http://365project.org/dulciknit/365/2012-04

Raw image files - now there IS dedication to one's craft. But once you get down to that level the time really flies.
There is a nice photo of you there. Not too heavily edited, by the look of it.  ;D

Malcolm
Dino BPII.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire."

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »

from what I can see browsing online its possible to get wiki modules that integrate with smf. I guess that such packages would normally provide administrative monitoring and recovery, in case of accidental (or even deliberate) wreckage by members.

We did try a wiki extension some time ago for a different purpose.  It was hacked by persons unknown despite being updated regularly, so I would be reluctant to go down that path again as an extension to melnet.

If someone, or a group of people wanted to get together and set up such a database independently there would be no problem in setting up links with melnet.
Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Strigulino

• The Night Owl
  • @strigulino on Twitter
    • Strig on YouTube
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »

Well, I can touch type and know a bit of HTML.  Actually, you can edit HTML pages reasonably well in Word these days.  How it is best done is another question, however.  Links to PDFs, one searchable, downloadable file? 
~~~~~~~~~~~
The Strig

"World-famous poker player. Give her a good poker and she'll play any tune you like." - The Goon Show
Pets:  Two cats, one husband, a D/G Hohner Morgane, a C/F Liliput, a dark and mysterious anglo concertina, a Streb, a Giordy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal