Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: paddy clancy boxes  (Read 2603 times)

blackdot1234

• Regular debater
paddy clancy boxes
« on: October 05, 2008, 11:13:26 PM »

has anyone played or bought a box made by him he is making in ireland i think

upmine3

• Regular debater
    • Facebook
Re: paddy clancy boxes
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:32:00 PM »

I was intrigued by these boxes myself but the price is high and i don't know any one who owns one so i can't try one out either.
Castagnari Kriss III B/C -  Hohner Double Ray De-Lux B/C Pokerwork (presswood) Pokerwork (Brown)

hibbs3

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:43:46 AM »

I hear they're alot like Cairdin, as he was half of the company with Michael Searson at one point. But thats just what I heard.

Lars

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »

I've never seen one, but since there's not really much info I thought I'd share this:

I met this accordionplayer/collector in Donegal this summer, who told me about his experience with them. He told me that they were very very well buildt. Woodwork, metalwork, reedwork, spot on. And the action was not that bad either, he said. But he also said that the sound was somewhat weak. Not that loud (volume) and he claimed that it had almost no cut at all, despite having some tremolo.

But that's just rumours... The do look lovely from the images on his website, but if is hasn't got that "cut" it's not worth picking up. All depends on what you're looking for:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal