Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tune of the Month for June 2012: Galopede  (Read 21252 times)

Pete Dunk

• Typo Expert
Re: Tune of the Month for June 2012: Galopede
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2015, 07:27:17 PM »

The front of the treble side of the melodeon wobbles around alarmingly and causes me to make mistakes sometimes. Is there a way I can stop this happening? Help would be gratefully received!

This subject is worthy of a thread of its own in the Teaching and Learning Forum. My theory for what its worth is that you're applying too much pressure to the bellows when you are playing, only so much air can pass through the reeds and if the pressure applied generates more air than the reeds can cope with it results in snaking bellows and waggling ends. Poorly adjusted shoulder straps also contribute to stray movements. Try playing everything at the lowest volume possible for a while, a great bit of advice from Mel Biggs, excellent melodeon teacher of this parish. Consider a Skype lesson or three with her, well worth it!
Squeezing on the Isle of Oxney, UK
Primo (Serenellini) D/G
Isis D/G
Hohner B/E, G/C, C/F, Bb/Eb G/C/F
Liliputs D/G (G scale), C/F, Bb/Eb, Albrecht Custom D/G (G scale)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal