Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: melodeon workshops at Bath Folk Festival  (Read 1295 times)

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
melodeon workshops at Bath Folk Festival
« on: July 08, 2012, 05:21:50 PM »

I'll be running two melodeon workshops at Bath Folk Festival on Tuesday and Wedneday, August 14th/15th. 3-5pm.  Venue not decided but probably Widcombe social club.
This will be as last year, namely a discussion/workshop on the 'D/G system' aimed at getting the most from the instrument.  I hope there'll be something of benefit to most ability levels.  I'm told there will be a squeezebox concert featuring various artistes and types of squeezebox on Thursday 16th, I expect the time/venue will be published on the website at some point.
I have some boxes. 
‘You make that thing sound a bit like a musical instrument!’

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
Re: melodeon workshops at Bath Folk Festival
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »

The workshops are at Widcombe Social Club, Bath, 14th & 15th August, 2-4pm (change from previous post), price £16 each session.  As last year they will take the form of an illustrated talk on ideas for getting the most from the D/G system.  This will include right hand chord work, and building arrangements using the left hand as the foundation. Some practical work. Should be something here for most ability levels. I won't be using music, as I neither read nor understand it!!!! Generally it'll be about teaching your box manners and making it sound a bit like a musical instrument (clicks 'post' and dives for cover!). 
I have some boxes. 

John C

• Regular debater
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

Argh!!!   This sounds like just the thing I'm looking for but sorry to say I'm on the wrong side of the pond.

Have you given any thought to making a recording of it?

Good luck with the workshop

Saltarelle Laurentide GCF, Saltarelle Cheviot ADG

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »

In case any of you intend to come to the workshop, this is just to say I encourage the use of recording devices.  After the workshop I should be able to stick around at the venue for any individual advice or general chat about boxes. 
I have some boxes. 

Caroline

• Regular debater
    • carolineshipsey.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:38:12 PM »

Hoping to come on Tuesday Frank but definitely can't make Weds.  Hope all goes well if I don't get there, have to go to Exeter in the morning so it depends on when I get back:)

Caroline

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 08:59:50 PM »

Thanks Caroline.  On my way back down the M6 right now.  Looking forward to seeing you. 
I have some boxes. 

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:10:28 AM »

Unfortunately made other plans, and still recovering from the infamous but mandatory 'Sidmouth Cold'.
Shame, I really enjoyed listening to you in the Radway, a lovely solid 'full' sound, and could do with learning some right hand technique - it'll have to be 'next time' for me I'm afraid.
take care
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

Frank Lee

• Regular debater
    • Rapper Swords
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:36:24 AM »

Thanks Quintin,  great meeting you again. Not sure I'll be doing any more workshops (not having a 'name' I don't put bums (=££s) on seats). But I'm sure we can meet-up over a jar at Sidmouth at some time.  F.
I have some boxes. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal