Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Melodeons at Witney 2008 - Sheffield Melodeonists' and Friends Italian Meal  (Read 2483 times)

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
  • MAD is inevitable. Keep Calm and Carry On
    • Lizzie Dripping

Message has been reposted above (or below, depending on how you have your viewing options set!)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:57:17 AM by Steve_freereeder »
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
www.lizziedripping.org.uk

Hello

• Regular debater
  • mmm
Re: Melodeons at Witney 2008 - Sheffield Melodeonists' and Friends Italian Meal
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »

Does having once buttered some toast with an item of cutlery purportedly manufactured in Sheffield count?
Trying is the first step towards failing

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
    • Lizzie Dripping
Re: Melodeons at Witney 2008 - Sheffield Melodeonists and Friends Italian Meal
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:40:14 AM »

Sheffield Melodeonists and Friends Italian Meal AND Silly Competition No.3

Reposted Message. If you want any further information please use the PM system to ask me. Thanks.

Hello Fellow Squeezers,

By popular request, and continuing the tradition of previous M@Ws, I have again booked a table at the Ask Italian Restaurant in Witney Market Square (actually, just an extra-wide part of the High Street) for 5:30 pm on Saturday 15th November 2008. This is for the Sheffield Melodeon Gang and their guests/friends/hangers-on/people-with-vague-Sheffield-or-Yorkshire connections, etc. who are attending Melodeons At Witney 2008. As last year, I've booked 18 places - this is the largest group that the restaurant can comfortably accommodate on a single table. I will provide menu details nearer the time; vegetarian options are available.

As I'm sure you are aware, this is a very select group (no riff-raff please), so please check your eligibility before making your request to join us - we don't want any embarrassing situations, do we?

You need to:
Either
  • Live in Sheffield, now or at some time in the past
Or
  • Demonstrate some sort of Sheffield connection, even if it is only that you once saw Meadow Hell Shopping Mall from the M1 and then put your foot down to get away from the sight even more quickly.

To book your place, send me your request in a Private Message that contains the following:

• Your name
  • The reason(s) you think you fulfill the eligibility criteria
  • At least one verse of the Melodeon Blues which should be suitable for singing (or otherwise orally emitted) to a 12-bar blues sequence. Prizes will be awarded at the meal for the best/funniest/wittyest Melodeon Blues submissions.
  • A valid e-mail address, so that I can confirm your booking and also notify you of any last-minute changes. Your e-mail address will be kept completely confidential and not made available to anyone else.

Places wil be alotted on a 'first-come, first-served' basis, (providing all the criteria are met). So - to avoid disappointment, don't delay, get writing those Melodeon Blues today!

Steve
Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 07:57:34 AM by Steve_freereeder »
Steve
Sheffield, UK.

Steve_freereeder

• Content Manager
    • Lizzie Dripping

Sheffield Melodeonists and Friends Italian Meal AND Silly Competition No.3

We are now full up and the booking list is closed. I will be contacting you all shortly for your menu choices.

Thank you to all of you who have sent in entries for the Melodeon Blues competition. If you haven't already done so, there is still time - just! The last date for entries is now extended to Saturday 1st November 2008. Send them to me via e-mail or the PM system.

See you at Witney....

Steve
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:53:33 AM by Steve_freereeder »
Steve
Sheffield, UK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal