Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone up for filming a tutorial?  (Read 1102 times)

Poustevnik

Anyone up for filming a tutorial?
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:59:24 PM »

Hello Mel.net'ers!

After a busy exam season I felt it time to show my face back online again, and look for more tunes to learn.

I recently learnt The Moon and 7 Stars from a tutorial online (this is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqNXL3Erqg&feature=BFa&list=FL4FOHusv3av2_ekckSSR9RA) and found it an amazingly helpful way to learn - being able to hear the track at full speed, then broken down into sections, then practised through at medium speed.

It got me thinking. I know it would be amazingly helpful for me, and therefore I imagine a lot of the other newbies, to have tunes presented like this so we can learn from both sight and sound. Would anyone be up for getting in on this? Any could submit a tutorial, just by uploading it to Youtube then posting the link here (and perhaps in another dedicated section?). If I may be so brazen as to suggest a first tune, I have recently fallen in love with these two - Gravel Walk & The Musical Priest (link here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1f8Cc-9rpI&feature=BFa&list=FL4FOHusv3av2_ekckSSR9RA).

Is any newbie-community minded person up for the challenge of making a tutorial? :D

George

Theo

• Administrator
  • Hohner Club Too
    • The Box Place
Re: Anyone up for filming a tutorial?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »

Theo Gibb - Gateshead UK

Proprietor of The Box Place for melodeon and concertina sales and service.
Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for stock updates.

Poustevnik

Re: Anyone up for filming a tutorial?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 04:19:47 PM »

Yeah I'd come across those, but I was thinking more for a place where people could place requests for tunes played slowly, and anyone that could - and was willing to - play them would record them down and display them here :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal