Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance issues  (Read 6169 times)

Chris Brimley

Re: Insurance issues
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 11:14:45 AM »

To put it plainly its like asking your car insurance to sell you a policy to insure you and all your friends for any cars you might drive - its just not reasonable, and certainly not an insurable risk.

Well, not really - I'm suggesting the bands are all defined - the idea is just to have one policy covering all of them.

Newmoon

• Phone: 01892 506884
    • Newmoon Insurance
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 01:16:23 PM »

^^Ahh i see

You could have them all named on one policy, yes. The rates would have to be arranged with the insurer though but you would probably end up paying around 80-100 per band.

Chris Brimley

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 08:53:56 PM »

I was just thinking we might get economies of scale?  After all, one person can't play in several bands at the same time, surely?

Newmoon

• Phone: 01892 506884
    • Newmoon Insurance
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 02:39:14 PM »

You will get a better rate, but without inquiring with the insurers, its hard to say how much it would cost. If its something you would be interested in, please give myself or Andrew a call so we can look into it for you.

Chris Brimley

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »

I think I've reached the end of the line on this one.  I've had discussions with Insurance Agents to see whether anyone would entertain the idea of one policy covering a group of named people, playing individually, or as named bands.  It seems that the insurers would be unlikely to agree to that, except as an expensive bespoke policy, because that's not the way it works.

I still feel that many of the 1013 visitors to this thread, and the insurers, would have benefited from such an idea, but it looks like it's not to be.  The best option at the moment for anyone who wants PL cover only seems to be to insure each named band they are involved with, or the individual, under separate policies.

Horses/water.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal