Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 Rowing it  (Read 1873 times)

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
3 Rowing it
« on: July 09, 2012, 09:43:41 PM »

I`m new to 3 rows and really enjoying the Corona-II Classic A/D/G as I can "Cheat" easier, for instance I can play Jimmy Cracked corn with basses entirely in one direction (I learned this first on a 1 row, loadsa ins and outs there), same for Tom Hark (Pirhanas) ..

I know I can work out the chords from the ADG button Map here but is there a quick chord chart anywhere showing a list and how to get them for both directions ? ..

I`ve started learning "Music for a found Harmonium", a brilliant piece for the 3 row (inspired by a Video on a Handry on Youtube linked below) , a complex piece made  lot easier by using all 3 rows .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuVOanmsjSY
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

Mike Hirst

• Primatona IV D/D#, Black Dot B/C, One Row in D
Re: 3 Rowing it
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 12:23:21 AM »

el Señor Maestro is a Windows application that can help you learn how to play the 3-row diatonic accordion. It is written in Spanish, but the Tutorials on the Señor Maestro website are written in English.

The program not only shows you the notes for scales, chords and chord progressions, but it shows you what buttons to push. It also plays the notes so you can follow along with your accordion.
"Slip like Freudian, your first and last step to playing yourself like an Accordion" - MF DOOM - Madvillain

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »

Like Mike said.

Also, you can use a lot of weird stuff posted in the reyes forum (mostly GCF) for your ADG.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Matthew B

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 01:54:23 AM »

Another useful source is Jax Delaguerre's "Musician's Guide"  http://www.delaguerre.com/delaguerre/pedagogy/3rowbacc/index.html.  It's all written to the GCF, but he al;so provides a lot of information using relative scales, so transposing is not too hard.
Charter Member Presumpscot and Fore River Accordion Club

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »

Thanks a lot Folks !! . I`ll have a look at the Senor Maestro site, the Jax guide and another mooch around Reyes forums . What a flexible box - you effectively get D/G and A/D Ericas & three 1 rows in A, D and G in one lightweight box and can play it in one direction like a Steirische :) . only wish it had Stradella ;-) . I`m amazed Coronas aren`t more popular over here, especially as a lot here own 3 row Costalottis .

Steve C.

• Erica, Laura, Morse Anglo
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »

I have to agree. 

I have my Benny set up with the Corona layout (what I was always used to on my Hohners)

I am always left with the feeling that the 3 row was a genius move. You can play on the push or the draw in so many keys. Especially if you can remove the 3rds.

I often play it like a CF too.  Never sure why CF isn't more popular outside of Germany.
Located in Central North Carolina, USA; credit for picture: livingplanet.ca

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

I have to agree. 

I have my Benny set up with the Corona layout (what I was always used to on my Hohners)

I am always left with the feeling that the 3 row was a genius move. You can play on the push or the draw in so many keys. Especially if you can remove the 3rds.

I often play it like a CF too.  Never sure why CF isn't more popular outside of Germany.

I intended to remove the thirds  but the box`s first owner had literally played it little if any more than once or twice , it`s still new stiff and mellow so very reluctant to break the seal on the bellows gasket .. I love playing Polkas etc (hence why I`m after a proper Steirische for my G/C/F/Bb Box, the Gleichtons really work) . I`m tempted should I open it to replace the accidentals with low notes too
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal