Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The importance of getting your straps right  (Read 7837 times)

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
Re: The importance of getting your straps right
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:27 AM »

Perhaps over time you're tuning in more and more to your particular reeds so don't need to be quite so up close and personal with it.
Also maybe the more you play the more you'll unconsciously know where your fingers are going so don't require as much feedback from listening to what you're playing....... but it's only a guess!
Looking at my friend who was sat beside me on monday night, he took up melodeon in about '76, so by now he just knows where he's going and what his fingers are playing. He's also annoyingly good!
I keep reminding myself something I think Theo said after I'd been playing for a month or two - it takes time.
Never a truer word said.........
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!

arty

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:41 AM »

As a sat down one strap player I find it interesting that, as time goes by, the strap needs to be longer. The box is moving further away from me gradually as time goes by.

Sandy
 (:)

I am having the same problem too....only, in my case it's too much chocolate!
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Thrupenny Bit

• happily squeezing away in Devon
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »

;D
hale fellow choc-a-holic!
Q
Thrupenny Bit

I think I'm starting to get most of the notes in roughly the right order...... sometimes!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal