Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scandalli Melodeon ?  (Read 6979 times)

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
Re: Scandalli Melodeon ?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:38:01 AM »

Before and after shots...

Looks a bit different now, for better or worse....

(Yeah, I know the Scandalli badge is downside up; I'm allowed one deliberate mistake, surely.... >:E  )
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:41:49 AM by Malcolm Clapp »
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....

Adam-T

• Hohner Club-Too
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »

looks great Malcolm !!. the next challenge is to replace the grille with something which actually lets sound out - one thing I really noticed was how much better it sounded with the grille OFF especially the inner row (which isn`t anywhere near the fingerboard) .
Q: How do you cure MAD?
A: Take a Break from Mel-Net. (IF YOU CAN)

Malcolm Clapp

• Loving my Hohner-reeded wet MMM CastaTommy
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »

looks great Malcolm !!. the next challenge is to replace the grille with something which actually lets sound out - one thing I really noticed was how much better it sounded with the grille OFF especially the inner row (which isn`t anywhere near the fingerboard) .

No problem with the D row sound getting out. Plenty of "apparent" volume imho (tuned to quite a wide tremolo). Certainly within a whisker of the volume of my pokerwork.

It is the G row, i.e. the inside row, the row nearest the finger board, which is lacking. So extending the fretwork holes (fretwork implies something a little more artistic!!!) further towards the inner row pallets would certainly be worth a try surely.

Can't see the value in making a totally new grill without first modifying the existing one to see if it helps!
Tuner/repairer, now retired, but still playing! Happy to offer advice on repairs etc., and might be persuaded to undertake the odd emergency job for local and longtime  customers. Selling a few melodeons from my collection currently....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal