Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bath city  (Read 12437 times)

rees

• Windjammer
    • Wesson Accordions
Re: Bath city
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2008, 01:12:21 AM »

This is more like it! Have you both appointed seconds? I'm sure there will be seconds at the Sheffield Nosh-Up Melodeon Blues-Fest Thingy.

If you need to know more about dueling have a look at this page http://people.howstuffworks.com/duel1.htm
Hilarious stuff.

It's important to confirm the date and time of the duel as being either dawn on Saturday or dawn on Sunday. Dave Townsend will need to adjust the numbers attending your chosen modules as, presumably, one of you will be dead or insane.

On a technical note, I would be interested to hear what tunings you intend to use. Tony Hall and I have been researching some old Gestapo documents regarding a certain type of melodeon.
Rees Wesson (accordion builder and mechanic)
Gungrog, Welshpool, Wales, UK
www.melodeons.com

j mobot

• Hohner Piccoletta Club I, Castagnari Dony
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »

Hi,
Only just found this, but I just wanted to add that you would be more than welcome to come to Bristol Morris Men (there are members who live in Bath so you may be able to procure a lift even).

We have quite a strong "younger" (i.e. 18-30) element at the moment so you wouldn't be alone, and (or particular interest to readers of this board) there is also quite a high standard of melodeon playing when multiple members of the Cooke family are in the same place at the same time.

PM me if you want more info.

joe

• Regular debater
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2008, 11:50:37 AM »

It's important to confirm the date and time of the duel as being either dawn on Saturday or dawn on Sunday. Dave Townsend will need to adjust the numbers attending your chosen modules as, presumably, one of you will be dead or insane.

On a technical note, I would be interested to hear what tunings you intend to use. Tony Hall and I have been researching some old Gestapo documents regarding a certain type of melodeon.

Deaf by Melodeons?

I'll get me coat.

Sandy

• 'Musical Landlady'
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:01 AM »

Well I think Sunday might be more preferable as I could really do with some John Spiers tuition on the Saturday!
Insanity? no doubt about it!
As for tunings.....I haven't got the foggiest. Just need to decide whether to hit with a low note or high note!
As for Tony Hall....it took me forty three years to find him! so does that make me a bit slow?
As for Colonel Lester.......think he possibly has a far greater choice of box and a long history of Battle.

Oh Dear, seeds of doubt. Might have to put a sweetener in his tea on Saturday.
(unless I can find something a bit more toxic!).
cheers
 :D

Lester

• MADman
  • Mods and volunteers
  • Hohners'R'me
    • Lester's Melodeon Emporium and Tune-a-Rama
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »

As for Colonel Lester.......think he possibly has a far greater choice of box and a long history of Battle.

I only have D/G and C/F (and a Streb which is most things to most men).

Quote from: Rees

Mind you I do have a Hohner Liliput which is possibly a Hitler Youth device as it is clearly marked Deutsche Reich Patent    :o
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal