Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New to the "Quint" Box  (Read 1149 times)

jackson10

• Good talker
  • Double Ray
New to the "Quint" Box
« on: July 21, 2012, 05:01:14 PM »

I recently started playing a G/C and hope to learn the nice harmony and other effects I have heard (here) on this type of box. Found this tune to be a nice melody for practicing, especially the left hand.   "The Banks of Red Roses"  http://vimeo.com/46144865

Christopher K.

• Content Manager
Re: New to the "Quint" Box
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 09:02:07 PM »

Red Roses is one of the first tunes I learned, after hearing it from De Dannan I just couldn't get it out of my head and it fell naturally enough under the fingers on one row. The tempo makes it easy to use the basses in a way that departs from the typical "oom-pah" style -- drones, long chords, etc.

I recommend finding some good accordion tabs to learn using both the left and right hands of the GC system (to their maximum potential). These notate which row and bellows direction the notes are on so you can develop more fluid bellows use and incorporate more basses and chords. Of course, you can also pick up the system easily by ear and with practice, but looking at tabs helped me learn faster at first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal