Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted: Pignol/Milleret Vol.1 and/or Yann Dour Vol. 1 books  (Read 278 times)

Etan Pinsky

Hello,
I Just borrowed a G/C melodeon from generous forum member Eshed, and I want to see where this goes (hopefully far  :D). So...
Anyone wish to sell a used copy of the first volumes of P/M and/or Dour books (with CDs/audio files)? (I might consider buying some of the other volumes as well, if someone doesn't wish to sell the first alone).

Be advised that I live in Haifa, Israel - so this would include int. shipping, which I would of course pay for.

Aside from new books being a bit expensive (but yes, not compared to a tutor), It seems Mustradem don't ship to Israel. The Button Box do ship here, but the books are more expensive there and the shipping's a lot as well. Ordering the first volume of P/M, for instance, would cost about $75 (!).

Thanks!
-E

Fred

• Loffet Graet e Breizh D/G and various Hohners
Re: Wanted: Pignol/Milleret Vol.1 and/or Yann Dour Vol. 1 books
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 10:58:06 AM »

I Just borrowed a G/C melodeon from generous forum member Eshed

:o

Eshed

• Respected Sage
I'm playing all the wrong notes but not necessarily in the wrong order.

Fred

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 01:18:47 PM »

would cost about $75 (!)

Hm, I wonder why it's so expensive though.

The book itself costs 30 € (tax included) at Mustradem's website.
https://mustradem.com/boutique/fr/methodes-instrumentales/113-methode-d-accordeon-diatonique-volume-1.html

Sending a simple small package (max 35x25x3 cm) from Germany to Israel would be ~9 €. Even if they would choose a bigger packaging, it would be ~15 € shipping fees for a category that's definitely enough.

Can't imagine the French postal service to be that much more expensive... or is it?
Let's try to put this in perspective.

https://www.laposte.fr/medias/sys_master/apache_synchronised/h24/h2f/12429631455262/Particuliers-M-tropole-V2.pdf

Page 11 and following are the costs for worldwide shipping. Definitely depends on the shipping variant they would choose but it would range from 11 € (possible minimum if the book is slim enough, with shipment tracking) up to somewhere around 30 € (if book is heavy, big and including 500€ insurance).

Let's assume they know what they're doing and that they only send worldwide with insurance, so it's ~60 € for book and shipping. That would be ~67 USD. Sure, that's a bit less than what they would want to charge you, but it's not totally off limits.

So what do we conclude from this? While a used book may be cheaper overall, you should not buy from any French forum members. :D

Etan Pinsky

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2020, 03:40:38 PM »

Fred - impressive!  :D
But actually, $75 wasn't at Mustradem but at TheButtonBox, - they sell the book there for $45 and then shipping was $30.

I Just borrowed a G/C melodeon from generous forum member Eshed

:o

You're right - I should've written a very generous (and risk taking) forum member.
But since we're in a country where there are fewer melodeon players than fingers on ones two hands, he may be excused for his generosity (and carelessness  8))...

Fred

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:00:17 PM »

I've recently placed an order at mustradem. No idea if they're able or willing to change it but I could ask them to add the book to the order before they ship it to me. And then I could send the book on its way to you. Wild idea, I know, and pretty uncertain if that would even work out. But might be worth a shot if you're interested.

Etan Pinsky

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 05:31:03 PM »

Fred, thoughtful of you to offer to attempt this. Yes - I'd be glad if you could try. I'll write you a PM.

I'll update if this works out - but in any case, I'm still interested in buying a used Yann Dour vol.1 if anyone wants to part with it.

Corinto

• Regular debater
  • Spain/Brasil/Belgium
Carpe diem, C.

Etan Pinsky

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 05:40:41 PM »

Excellent - thank you!

Etan Pinsky

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 07:51:45 PM »

Just to update - Fred has succeeded with Mustradem. So I'll be getting the first volume of P/M through him. And I purchased the Yann Dour volume through Corinto's link.

Thanks for all the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal