Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know what this Andro is called ?  (Read 3686 times)

Chris Ryall

• "doc 3-row"
  • French Interpreter
  • Wirral UK
    • Chris Ryall
Re: Does anyone know what this Andro is called ?
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 10:14:47 AM »

Yes, Chris, it really does work in Am. If you are at Whitby next week, I will demonstrate it for you. You are right in saying that you need an F natural, but most D/G boxes have one. I also use F natural basses at one point in the B music, which 8-bass boxes won't have, but D basses can be substituted for the Fs.

See you in Whitby  (:)
  _       _    _      _ 

jbesser

• Arlington Northwest Morris Women
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2015, 04:45:49 AM »

Played on my Geipel in C minor

http://youtu.be/netsI-LhrA8

It's the TUne of the Month over at concertina.net.  I have always known it as The Wren, and learned it as an AMerican contra dance tune. Wonderful playing, by the way.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:47:26 AM by jbesser »

Mark Leue

• Regular debater
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »

Played on my Geipel in C minor

http://youtu.be/netsI-LhrA8

It's the TUne of the Month over at concertina.net.  I have always known it as The Wren, and learned it as an AMerican contra dance tune. Wonderful playing, by the way.

I think Pikey is playing a version of the Americanized " The Wren" as none of the Breton recordings I've heard have that b part.  Not sure how we morphed it, but its become standardized here and given that name. As I don't speak French or Breton, I'm not sure if there is any association to December 26th, St. Stephen, or the hunting of the Wren in the original An Dro, but I just heard it elsewhere this morning as part of a set of Wren hunting tunes.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal