Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: German eBay  (Read 914 times)

Andrew Kennedy

• Regular debater
    • About Sword Dancing
German eBay
« on: October 08, 2018, 09:58:33 AM »

I've bought several melodeons from German eBay and been very happy each time.  However, a number of those I've looked at have specified that they will not deliver to the UK, even when quoting delivery rates to South America and Asia.  I'm fortunate enough to have a son living in Hamburg (who insisys on opening them and testing thoroughly for quality), but does anyone know of any reasons for this delivery bar?

John MacKenzie (Cugiok)

• Fettling... Learning to reed and right.
Re: German eBay
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 10:13:48 AM »

I think it's the default setting when adverts are placed, and the seller has to tick a box if he's willing to ship to places outside Germany. however I always ask the vendor if they will send to UK at my expense, and have only been refused twice.
My latest purchase stated collection only, but he agreed to post when I asked.

Sir John
There is no beginning to my talent :)

: Hohner Club Modell 1. Bb/Eb, de-clubbed : Early Hohner Pressed Wood A/D : 1930's Varnished wood G/C:  Hohner Erika C/F: Bandoneon tuned D/G Pressed wood: Koch F/Bb; G/C Pre Corso

Johnnie Johnston

Re: German eBay
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 10:21:17 AM »

Same thing happens up here in Canada.. Quite a few Ebay folks will not deliver to Canada.. I asked a few and the odd one would say ok.. I try to get them to ship USPS instead of Fedex or other. If they say no. I don't buy it.

Blues Player Do Not Retire
They Just Drop !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal