Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stephane Delicq CD's  (Read 1650 times)

Ken McAlack

• Good talker
  • Saltarelle Aether II B/C 21/8
Stephane Delicq CD's
« on: July 19, 2019, 04:03:55 PM »

Hi All,
Does anyone have a good source for Stephane Delicq CD's ?? Having the hardest time trying to find any!!
Thanks for any direction.

Ken

Fred

• G/C Pariselle, D/G Loffet & maybe too many Hohners
Re: Stephane Delicq CD's
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »

I had the same problem when I was searching for his CDs. No idea where to get them as all of the online shops are out of stock.

heartshaped1

• Good talker
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 04:29:36 PM »

http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php?topic=22567.0

Please see this thread, you could try asking his daughter Marie, I bought three CDs and a tunebook from her last year!

Vicky
G/C/Acc VanDerAa, D/G/Acc Hohner Lucia, D/G Pariselle, D/G Castagnari Mory, G/C Castagnari Lilium, C/F Hohner Club I, D/G Hohner Pokerwork

arty

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »

http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php?topic=22567.0

Please see this thread, you could try asking his daughter Marie, I bought three CDs and a tunebook from her last year!

Vicky

This is your best option, Marie is really helpful.
I managed to find all his CD’s, over a period of time, (there are 4 of them), on AmazonFr. Sometimes, when they have them, the prices they ask are ridiculous, (I saw La Discrete on there once for 95 euros!). The most I paid was 16 euros, so I was lucky.
Good Luck!
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Roger Howard

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:53:43 PM »

I would echo that. Marie will, I am sure, help as much as she can. ... and the tunebook is lovely!

Roger
G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

Ken McAlack

• Good talker
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 01:38:42 AM »

Thank you all for the advice. I will try to get in touch with Marie. If not through Facebook then maybe with the e-mail that was supplied in the thread. I’ll report back.

Ken

Ken McAlack

• Good talker
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 06:25:59 PM »

Hi All,
If anyone has a suggestion for purchasing Stephane Delicq's CD's or his tune book please let me know.
I have tried contacting his Daughter Marie through FB and e-mails but have received no response.  I also tried to join the FB group associated with Stephane Delicq but it will not accept my attempts. Keeps asking me to post my reason for joining, which I do, but still no acceptance. So I can not post my requests there. I seem to have run out of avenues. Other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ken

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »

Hi Ken

It took quite a while before I got a response from her when I contacted her a year or so ago. Also I guess it is peak holiday time in France so emails and FB go rapidly down everyone's priority list.

Have you tried messaging Marie directly?

Give it a few weeks and I suspect a reply may arrive :)
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

arty

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »

Patience Ken, patience! This is France 🇫🇷  ;)

If you go to amazon fr., here https://www.amazon.fr/s?k=Stéphane+Delicq&i=popular&__mk_fr_FR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss
You will see they have one of his cd’s available, “DOUCE”, for €16.95, which is a really good price. It is probably my favourite CD of his.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:43:58 PM by arty »
Pre-Pokerwork C/F, Castagnari Laura G/C, Beltuna Sara 3 A/D, Castagnari Sander Special D/G

Roger Howard

G/C Gaillard 2 row, 3 voice, D/G Lilly, D/G Pariselle 2.6 row, Preciosa Bb/Eb.

Ken McAlack

• Good talker
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »

Thank you David and Howard for the advice. The Amazon fr site lists the Douce CD but says it is " Temp.out of stock". And the other site lists the Cd as "Indisponible" or Unavailable. I'm thankful for Google Translate 8-).....
Sorry if I seem impatient. I just am keen on learning Delicq's music but finding his CD's are more illusive than I had imagined.

When I was first learning Irish music I immersed myself in the music by listening to a lot of Irish music CD's before even trying to play a note. I feel that you have to be able know the tune in your head before putting hands to it. That is what I would like to do with the French music. I am thankful for the youtube vids of covers of his tunes. I am not a fluent reader of the dots so they help only so much.

I thought that finding some old Irish CD's was hard in the US but this is much more difficult. I do love a challenge however. So I will persevere.
Keep me in your thoughts should you find a resource available to me in the US.

Ken

Andy Next Tune

• aka Andy Wooles
  • Melodeon with Accidentals? Make a PI Claim!!!
    • www.shavethedonkey.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 09:05:53 PM »

You can immerse yourself in listening to Stephane's music without his CDs! There are plenty of excellent recordings on YouTube of people playing his music, including a number of members of this congregation!

A good place to start is Massimo Craveri's YT channel.
Andy, from the now ex-County Palatine of Cheshire

Caring for a European community of melodeons from France, Italy, Germany, Wales and Suffolk!

Ken McAlack

• Good talker
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2019, 12:11:01 AM »

Thanks Andy! Yes, I have discovered quite a few youtube offerings as well as our excellent "in house" renditions.( I always marvel at the talent on this forum! )
I generally like to have it playing in my car as well as while I'm getting to sleep in the evening. Luckily my wife enjoys my taste in music. I get pretty OCD when I'm learning new music 8-).
Massimo Craveri is quite an artist isn't he? Enjoying it all.

Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal