Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Layout question on 1 rows  (Read 2553 times)

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
Re: Layout question on 1 rows
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 09:02:12 PM »

When I built my A box the year after, I completely forgot to specify that I wanted an F# on the first note pull, and the reeds showed up as an E on the pull. So it must be standard unless otherwise specified?

I assume it is the current standard.  The few 1-row reed sets I've ordered have been like that, anyway.

With regard to first button pull on a D box.
As a rough guide, English and Cajun music requires pull A.
Irish and Quebecois requires pull B.

I agree about usefulness of pull B for Québecois music, but it's not all that common here (= Quebec).  The pull A is more usual, or so it seems to me.

I think it is the standard,  the one row 4 stop set I bought is like that.  So I assume that its
 “ not that common here” would be because its the way they come (:) and not because they are ordered that way.
Also every box I’ve bought has been that way other than my Beltuna ( which had the right note an octave higher) and my OBDW Baldoni built for Irish market.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D

mselic

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 10:55:51 PM »

I agree about usefulness of pull B for Québecois music, but it's not all that common here (= Quebec).  The pull A is more usual, or so it seems to me.

Oh! Maybe it’s just the ones that I’ve tried! Perhaps they were modifications made after the fact, or someone had ordered it that way. I just assumed that this was the standard here...
C#/D Serenellini 233, Manfrini, Saltarelle Irish Bouebe, and a few HA114s

-Y-

• Handry 18 (G/C), Mélodie (D), Club IIb (A/D)
    • a database of 400 or more melodeons here
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 10:54:15 AM »

This forum really is outstanding, you ask a very simple question, and it turns out there's plenty to say about it.
Thanks all for your input.

So the duplicate A might be a default in Québec, although I feel that I would really find the B more useful, I find that it's too low for my taste to make harmonies with the pulled A.
I'll ask my tuner when all this confinement thing is over.

mselic

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 02:42:31 PM »

This forum really is outstanding, you ask a very simple question, and it turns out there's plenty to say about it.
Thanks all for your input.

So the duplicate A might be a default in Québec, although I feel that I would really find the B more useful, I find that it's too low for my taste to make harmonies with the pulled A.
I'll ask my tuner when all this confinement thing is over.

My Melodie has a B pull on the first note, and I would feel a bit lost without it. I don’t really use that one for chord/harmonies, though.
C#/D Serenellini 233, Manfrini, Saltarelle Irish Bouebe, and a few HA114s

boxcall

• You got to love it!!!
  • Accordion to who?
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 05:27:26 PM »

So the duplicate A might be a default in Québec,
More the default of all (or most) reed makers than any area. That’s how they put the sets together unless otherwise noted in the order.
Hohner 1040 C, Beltuna one row four stop D, O'Byrne Dewitt/ Baldoni bros. D/C#, Paolo soprani "pepperpot" one row D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal