Melodeon.net Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the new melodeon.net forum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Timeline of the HA114  (Read 2972 times)

mselic

Re: Timeline of the HA114
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2020, 02:47:43 PM »

No, no logo.  I currently apply wax in Charlie style using a brush.  I think I am bit ham-fisted for getting in that gap.

I have 'fabricated' a copper 'tube' applicator in readiness for getting 'in there' but I am going to have a go on a P/work size box to get the hang of the 'tool' over the brush.  I am also working on making one that runs off an 'encaustic' wax tool - like a cooler soldering iron - designed for wax 'work', for constant ( gentle ) warming of the fluid wax.

Lock-down madness knows no bounds.....

No logo suggests it is one of the earliest models.

Regarding waxing, most of my waxing is done with a paintbrush in the same manner as Charlie Marshall described. The right brushes make a big difference, and getting between the inner-facing blocks is very doable with practice. There are other ways of going about it as well, and have been discussed on this forum elsewhere. Good luck with it however you go about it!

Sound clips of your old box are always welcome! ;)
C#/D Serenellini 233, Manfrini, Saltarelle Irish Bouebe, and a few HA114s

Nigel.H

Re: Timeline of the HA114
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2020, 04:57:44 PM »

Inspired by the discussion ( and having got it out ) I did the magnets and re-valved/waxed the first three reeds on the '1st stop' row. The  leather reeds were furled, the third reed plate - the D/E was reversed, ie. 'H' stamp to the wood but sounded like a stone in a tin-can, despite the wax looking sound. 

With the slides sorted and the valves and 'cronky' D/E re-waxed, it plays remarkably nicely.  I think I will convert everything to '2' bass/chord.  Much less confusing.

I will see if I can organise a sound file in a tunes I can play.     

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Melodeon.net - (c) Theo Gibb; Clive Williams 2010. The access and use of this website and forum featuring these terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal